Triage Nurse OBGYN
|Title:||Triage Nurse OBGYN|
|Location:||2055 W. Hospital Dr., Suite 115, Tucson, AZ 85704|
DescriptionWhy are health professionals choosing MHC Healthcare?
MHC is building a world class primary health care system, that is committed to caring for special populations, and that is focused on improving health outcomes for our patients as well as building healthy communities. MHC OB/GYN focuses on providing the highest quality care for women in our community. Our doctors and nurse practitioners are committed to making a difference in our patient's health.
We are currently hiring:
Licensed Practical Nurse (L.P.N.)
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF JOB: Promotes and restores patients’ health by maintaining the day-to-day operation of the patient care area; assisting support staff; working with the clinic provider to assure physical and psychological support to the patients at the level for which the L.P.N. has been trained and certified.
- Current, unencumbered state license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
- Current CPR Certification.
- Preferred immunizations knowledge.
- Preferred Pediatrics experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies patient service requirements by establishing rapport with the patient and others while being aware of age specific needs protocols.
- Set up rooms, place patient in room, takes patient’s vital signs, height, weight, pulse ox, oxygen levels, etc. and records them in the chart, prepares patient for examination by the provider, assists with performing EKG’s on patient, assists the provider with patient’s care, and applying braces, ace wraps and wound dressings.
- Triage patients and records appropriate documentation in patient chart, in a timely and professional manner.
- Completes patient care requirements by performing tests and completing other tasks as assigned by the Medical Director and/or the provider.
- Assists provider in examination of patients, and gives instructions to patients as directed by provider and accurately and promptly implements providers' orders.
- Monitors medical condition of patients and reports changes to appropriate personnel.
- Administers medications and monitors intravenous solutions skillfully and correctly.
- Administers injections to include immunizations.
- Fills out appropriate immunization paperwork for recording purposes.
- Answers telephone calls and takes messages for the provider and/or returns telephone call.
- Cleans and prepares rooms between procedures, and restock supplies.
- Processes referrals (outlying sites), medication refills, and sets up appointments for patient for diagnostic procedures and/or with a specialist.
- Acts as a liaison with the providers, other doctor’s offices and the hospital and arranges emergency operations and other services.
- Pulls requested charts for messages and documentation.
- Receives reports on patients and delivers them to the appropriate provider.
- Notifies patient of test results when instructed to do so by provider.
- Assures quality of care by maintaining clinic standards of care while adhering to requirements of other governing agencies.
- Protects patients and employees by complying with infection control policies and protocols, following medication administration, storage procedures and controlled substance regulations.
- Participates in patient education, i.e. family planning, diabetes, well child, etc.
- Explains medications and directions or changes to the patient.
- Calls in prescription refills as directed by the provider.
- Schedules patient for diagnostic testing, i.e. radiological testing, appointment with a specialist.
- Maintains documentation of patient care services by completing patient and department records in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Documents verbally and in writing procedures, medication, delivery of care, and pertinent information regarding care rendered to the patient.
- Ensures operation of medical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; reporting malfunctions, requesting repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by anticipating needed supplies. Keeps rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, washes and dries instruments used, and prepares for sterilization as required.
- Performs sterilization of instruments and surgical packs in a timely manner.
- Performs laboratory wave testing for which they have received training.
- Reports communicable disease to County Health Department as needed.
- Arranges for patient to receive home health visits, if necessary.
- Participates in orientation and in-service training for personnel.
- Maintains Clinic standards of care by adhering to the Arizona State Nurse Practice Act and those of other governing agencies.
- Performs testing as ordered by Providers or required by industrial physicals to include, but not limited to, Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT), hearing, eye examinations, and respirator fitness testing.
- Adheres to expectations of required/mandatory in-services, certifications, and licensure.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; and establishing personal networks.
- Participates in in-service/education regarding Quality Improvement.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned or requested.
As an employee of MHC Healthcare, we share in a very strong mission: Dedication to providing Service Excellence in Promoting Health and Well Being. To support this mission in our community, MHC Healthcare believes it must start at home. Therefore, employees have many opportunities to care for our health and wellness with benefits such as:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Short-term disability and other benefits
- Paid time off (including holidays/vacation/sick leave)
- Paid bereavement and jury duty
- Employee discount for medical services
- Tuition reimbursement
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications