Eligibility Enrollment Specialist
|Title:||Eligibility Enrollment Specialist|
|Location:||1670 W. Ruthrauff Rd., Tucson, AZ 85705|
Marana Health Center is currently recruiting for a full-time position as an Eligibility Enrollment Specialists to identify, educate and conduct initial screening for prospective enrollment in appropriate AHCCCS, Tobacco Tax and Sliding Fee Medical Assistance programs. Bilingual Spanish-English strongly preferred.
- Inform families about the availability of publicly financed health care programs and insurance.
- Perform initial eligibility screening including compiling necessary documentation and forwarding application directly to the agencies.
- Coordinate with the agencies to expedite the eligibility determination of applicants.
- Confirm and reschedule applicant appointments as necessary.
- Manage missed appointments through client follow up.
- Educate all staff members, including providers, on programs to further promote outreach efforts in the community.
- Develop partnerships with the community and local businesses; disseminate information to the targeted population.
- Compile data, record outreach activities including and the number of applications generated for each activity.
Participate in in-service/education programs as requested.
- Understanding issues concerning to low-income and minority communities.
- Appreciation of cultural sensitivities involving people from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Ability to increase the understanding and importance of prevention and attention to medical treatment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and employees of the eligibility agencies.
- Ability to perform basic calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Ability to work under stressful situations.
- Computer literate.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications